Button-up shirts are a great addition to any wardrobe, but they can be tricky to wear. If you’re looking to wear a button-up shirt under a sweater, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, make sure that the button-up shirt fits well.
It should be snug but not too tight, and it should be long enough to tuck into your pants or skirt. Next, choose a sweater that is the right length. You don’t want it to be so short that it shows off your midriff, but you also don’t want it to be so long that it covers up your button-up shirt entirely.
Finally, consider the colors of both the sweater and the shirt when putting together your outfit. A light-colored sweater with a dark-colored button-up shirt can look very chic, while a brighter sweater with a patterned button-up can add some fun and personality to your look.
- Choose a button-up shirt in a complementary color to your sweater
- If you are wearing a light-colored sweater, choose a darker-colored shirt
- If you are wearing a dark-colored sweater, choose a lighter-colored shirt
- Put on the button-up shirt and tuck it into your pants or skirt
- Slip on your sweater over the button-up shirt
- 5 Button up the shirt collar if desired, or leave it unbuttoned for a more relaxed look
Collar Over Or under Sweater
Assuming you want a blog post about whether to wear a collar over or under a sweater: The great debate of our time: should the collar of your shirt stay hidden under your sweater, or should it peek out? We break down the pros and cons of both choices.
FOR: The case for keeping your collar under wraps
1. It’s more comfortable. Let’s be honest, having that extra layer of fabric around your neck can get a little bit irritating after a while. Wearing a turtleneck underneath will keep you cozy without all the itchiness.
2. You look more put together. A popped collar often looks accidental and sloppy, like you just threw on whatever was lying around and then left the house (not that there’s anything wrong with that on some days). When everything is tucked in and neat, it gives off an air of sophistication.
3. It protects your neck from cold weather. This is especially important if you’re wearing a thinner material sweater that doesn’t provide much warmth on its own.
By keeping your collar up, you’ll avoid any chilly drafts seeping in through gaps in your clothing. AGAINST: The case for letting your collar show
1. It adds interest to an outfit. A button-down shirt is pretty standard, but peeking out from beneath a sweater, it becomes unexpected and eye-catching. If you want to spice up a basic look, this is an easy way to do it.
2. It keeps your neck warm. In the same vein as the previous point, by showing off your collar, you’re giving yourself an extra layer of insulation against the cold. And we all know how important it is to keep our necks warm in winter!
How Do You Wear a Sweater Over a Shirt?
To wear a sweater over a shirt, start by finding a sweater that fits well and is the right length. Then, choose a shirt that’s slim-fitting and not too bulky. If you’re wearing a button-down shirt, leave the top few buttons undone so it’s easier to slip on the sweater.
Once you have your outfit put together, adjust the sleeves of both the shirt and sweater so they’re pushed up to your elbows. Finally, style your hair in a way that looks effortless but still polished.
How Do You Tuck a Shirt under a Sweater?
Assuming you would like tips on how to tuck a shirt under a sweater: One way to tuck a shirt under a sweater is by first finding a sweater that fits comfortably. Once you have found the perfect sweater, put it on and button it or zip it up.
Next, take the shirt that you want to wear underneath the sweater and tuck it into your pants. After the shirt is tucked into your pants, pull the bottom of the shirt up so that it is tight against your body, and then tuck it into the waistband of your pants. Finally, adjust the sleeves of both the shirt and sweater so that they are not bunched up and look neat.
How To Wear A Sweater Over a Shirt Guide – The CORRECT Way
Assuming you would like a summary of the blog post titled “How to Wear Button Up under Sweater”: In order to pull off the button-under-sweater look, there are a few key things to keep in mind. First, choose a button-down shirt that fits well on the shoulders and is slightly slim through the body.
Then, select a sweater that complements the shirt – a chunky knit will balance out a slimmer silhouette while a cropped cardigan will show off a bit more of the shirt. Finally, tuck in the shirt and make sure both layers sit smoothly against your body. With these tips in mind, you can rock this trend no matter what your style is!